Terms of Service
Our rules and regulations for using Honey Insurance products and services
Please read these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service, together with any conditions, notices and disclaimers contained elsewhere on our website (known collectively as the “Terms“) govern your access and use of our website. By accessing and using this website you acknowledge and accept that you are bound by these Terms.
In these Terms any references to “us”, “we”, or “our”, means Honey Insurance, a business name of Honey Insurance (ABN 52 643 672 628, AFSL 528244), any of its subsidiaries or business partners and RACQ (ABN 50 009 704 152, AFSL 233082) as the product issuer. Any reference to the “Service” means the financial services we are authorised to provide to you, being:
- The provision of general advice and arranging for you to enter into, issue, vary and dispose of general insurance contracts
- Other services such as the use of our website or applications provided by our business partners
The Honey Insurance website
The information contained on this website may not be accurate or up to date in all respects. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this website. None of Honey Insurance or any of its related companies, or their directors, accepts any liability for any reliance by any person on information contained in the Service, or guarantees the performance of any particular financial product referred to in the Service.
From time to time we may need to update these Terms or modify or enhance the Service and your continued use of the Service means that you accept the updated Terms.
The information on this website is provided for Australian residents only, and where indicated, may be limited to specific states and territories of Australia. The law of New South Wales governs these Terms. In the Service any currency references are references to Australian dollars unless otherwise specified.
This website may contain links to third party websites. Honey Insurance and its related entities do not make any representations as to the content of any third party websites, and expressly disclaim that they operate any website other than this website.
Ownership of this website
All intellectual property on this website – including the Honey Insurance trademarks and copyright in the information, text, graphics, services and other data – is owned by us and no part of this website may be reproduced, stored, modified, adapted, uploaded to another location or produced for display in any form without our prior written approval.
Information we provide
Honey Insurance does not provide personal financial product advice. Any information provided to you by us is general information only, which when prepared, does not take into account your individual circumstances, objectives, financial situation or needs.
When considering any financial product available from Honey Insurance, you should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any applicable Supplementary Product Disclosures Statement (SPDS) to ensure the product is right for you. A copy of each PDS and SPDS is available on this website.
The Insurer (unless otherwise specified) is RACQ Insurance Ltd (ABN 50 009 704 152) (AFSL 233082).
Your use of this website
You must not use our website in any of the following ways:
- Use of any type of data accumulation tool, robot, or spider to compile, disseminate, extract, process, reproduce, or repackage in any form or monitor any of the web pages, content, data or information contained within or accessible through this website
- To accumulate or combine the content, data or information contained or accessible through this website with content, data or information from any third party, without Honey Insurance’s prior written permission
- Use of high-volume, automated or systematic processes to obtain data or other information from this website
- Compiling, repackaging or disseminating any information or data from this website
- Accumulating data or information from this website whether or not using any automatic or manual process
- Use of any type of device, process, routine or software either systematically or non-systematically to interfere or attempt to interfere with the functioning of this website or any transaction or process conducted on or through this website
- To use or reproduce any information or data from this web site other than as specifically permitted by these Terms
- To incorporate into or store any information or data from this website in any other website, electronic retrieval system, database, publication or other work in any form, other than as specifically permitted by these Terms
- Combining or processing any data or information from this website with other data or information other than as specifically permitted by these Terms
- Creating a link to this website from another website without Honey Insurance’s prior written permission
- Using this website other than as specifically permitted by these Terms
- Any use of this website for an unlawful purpose or activity
- Either yourself or through a third party changing, modifying, reproducing, or creating any works derived from this website, or displaying in public, any part or content of this website without Honey Insurance’s prior written permission or unless you have a non-excludable legal right to do so
If you breach these Terms, you agree to indemnify us for any loss that we may suffer or any costs that may be incurred from your breach.
Any failure by us to exercise any right, power or remedy under these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of our rights.
When you take out, renew or vary your insurance policy, it is important that you understand you are answering our questions for anyone that will be covered by the policy.
You should always give us complete and honest answers to all the questions we ask. You must answer the questions for anyone that will be covered by the policy to the best of your knowledge.
If you breach your duty, we may be entitled to refuse to pay your claim, reduce the amount payable for a claim or cancel your policy. If your breach is fraudulent, we can also cancel the policy from the beginning.
You must tell us as soon as possible if any of the answers to our questions change over the term of your policy.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Our Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use and disclose the personal information you provide to us. You consent to the use, transfer and disclosure of personal information by us in accordance with our Privacy Statement, available on this website.
Registration and account security
Honey Insurance users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Honey Insurance, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission
- You will not create more than one personal account
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission
- You will not use Honey Insurance if you are under 17
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission
We will need to verify your identity before you can use certain parts of the Service. Verification must be completed online and to the satisfaction of Honey Insurance. Honey Insurance may amend the verification requirements or require a user to complete additional verification at any time.
Smart Home Program
The information here relates to all new policies. For customers who purchased a Honey insurance policy with sensors before 20 May 2022 you can find your details of the Smart Home Program Discount here.
The Smart Home Program provides eligible policyholders the option to receive a smart home sensor kit that can detect and alert you to common household risks when correctly installed, activated and maintained in an operational state.
If you agree to add the Smart Home Program to your policy, this will be set out in the Certificate of Insurance. You will not be able to opt in or out of the Smart Home Program during the period of insurance.
If the Smart Home Program applies to your policy, you will be entitled to a premium discount of up to 8% provided you install and keep the smart home sensor kit operational for the period of insurance after installation.
If the Smart Home Program applies to your policy, the amount of the Smart Home Program discount will be set out on your Certificate of Insurance.
The smart home sensor kit will be provided to you and delivered to your insured at no additional cost, following policy activation. You must install and activate the smart home sensors no more than 28 days after you receive it.
If the smart home sensor kit is detected to be offline 28 days after receiving your sensors, your discount will be removed and for customers on annual payments this means you will incur an additional payment. At no point will you need to repay any discount received during the active period. Honey Insurance will notify you by email or SMS on a regular basis if Sensors are detected to be offline. But if you reactivate your sensors, the discount will be reapplied.
You will not need to repay any discount if the smart home sensor kit is not operational because it is defective and you notify Honey Insurance within 7 days after identifying the defect.
By using Product Data, you confirm that you have read and accepted CoreLogic’s End User Terms for the access and use of the Product Data.
This publication reproduces materials and content owned or licensed by RP Data Pty Ltd trading as CoreLogic Asia Pacific (CoreLogic) and may include data, statistics, estimates, indices, photographs, maps, tools, calculators (including their outputs), commentary, reports and other information (CoreLogic Data).
© Copyright 2021. CoreLogic and its licensors are the sole and exclusive owners of all rights, title and interest (including intellectual property rights) the CoreLogic Data contained in this publication. All rights reserved.
The CoreLogic Data provided in this publication is of a general nature and should not be construed as specific advice or relied upon in lieu of appropriate professional advice. While CoreLogic uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the CoreLogic Data is current, CoreLogic does not warrant the accuracy, currency or completeness of the CoreLogic Data and to the full extent permitted by law excludes all loss or damage howsoever arising (including through negligence) in connection with the CoreLogic Data.
Contains property sales information provided under licence from the Land and Property Information RP Data Pty Ltd trading as CoreLogic is authorised as a Property Sales Information provider by the LPI.Payments
If you make a payment using the Service, you agree to payment terms relating to the specific product unless it is stated that other terms apply.
If you violate these terms, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of the Service to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
Limitation of Liability
Neither Honey Insurance, RACQ Insurance, its sub-contractors, associates nor related companies or their directors shall be liable in any way for any loss or damage suffered by you through your use of the Service, including but not limited to loss or damage arising in connection with:
- Your use of the Service
- Any defects, viruses and any other malfunctions caused to any equipment and other software in connection with access or use of the Service
- The information provided on or via the Service
- The interception, modification or misuse of information transmitted to us or transmitted to you
- The functioning or non-availability of the Service
- The misuse of the Service
- Claims by third parties in connection with the use of the Service
- Any loss or unauthorised access to any data or information that you provide to us when using the Service
- Any loss arising from unauthorised transactions arising from the use of your Account Credentials or Account Information
Our liability for negligence, breach of contract or contravention of any Australian law as a result of our failure to provide the Service or any part of it, or for any problems associated with your use of the Service (including any loss of data or information you provide to us when using the Service), which cannot be lawfully excluded by Australian law, is limited, at our option and to the maximum extent permitted by Australian law, to resupplying the Service or any part of it to you, or to paying for the resupply of the Service or any part of it to you.